Yes, it’s all in the lemon. This little gal is a general antiseptic, a bactericide and a great stimulator of the immune system. It also contributes to the creation of white blood cells to treat bronchial conditions and combats the flu and colds. And oh so many other uses. Here are some lemon benefits and lemony ideas for you while at home during your grand isolation. Stay healthy the natural way.Some lemon benefits:
- Antioxidant - Vitamin C, flavonoids, phenolic acids, essential oils, and coumarins are all plentiful in lemons and limes.
- Keep your immune system running at peak levels - Lemons are high in vitamin C, a natural antioxidant that enhances the immune system and has antiviral and antibacterial properties. Regular use can relieve joint pain as lemon juice is anti-inflammatory because of its antioxidants.
- Boost your brain - Lemons and limes have special chemicals that may keep brain cells safe from toxic substances in your body. And because they also protect against general cell breakdown and inflammation, they may help reduce some of the risks of brain diseases like Parkinson’s disease and Alzheimer’s.
- Improve cholesterol levels - A daily mixture of garlic and lemon juice could be good news for people with high cholesterol. Unhealthy levels are linked to the hardening of arteries (your doctor will call it atherosclerosis.), which can cause heart disease, heart attacks, and strokes.
- Lower blood pressure - Squeeze some in your water before and after you go for a walk. You may get more benefit from each. Talk to your doctor if you take blood pressure drugs or other meds. Citrus can interfere with them.
- Prevent kidney stones - The stones form when minerals in your body clump together. Substances called citrates in lemons, limes, and other citrus fruits can help stop this buildup.
- Help little ones form in the womb - They have a small amount of a B vitamin called folic acid or folate. Cells use it to divide to make more cells. It also creates genetic material in both your bodies that tell your baby's cells how to build his body.
- Keep wrinkles at bay - Vitamin C, which is known as ascorbic acid. Your body can’t create it, so you have to get it from food. It helps make collagen, which keeps your skin springy and full. Without enough, it’ll start to wrinkle.
Keep organic lemons in your house. Lemon skins distributed around your house collect bad energy too.
Carmel picks fresh lemons in the garden for her morning ritual. Freshly squeezed lemons and hot water. That's how she starts her day!
She wears Zoe maxi Kimono in black.